Homemade Savon de Marseille (soap)

I saw an episode of Martha Stewart crafts on DIY where she was making a soap called "Savon de Marseille". I decided to try it myself and it was really easy. I ordered the ingredients online from Majestic Mountain Sage http://www.the-sage.com/. All you have to do is melt the soap on your stove top and the trick is (I later discovered by e-mailing customer service) to keep stirring, especially after you add the french clay as it will stay clumped if you don't. My kitchen smelled so good as I was making this. I added a little Rosemary essential oil to it to give it even more scent. After I mixed and melted, I then poured the melted concoction into a soap mold that was designed for small guest soap bars.



After they cooled off, I wrapped the bars in unbleached parchment paper and packaged them for Christmas gifts. I also kept some to use in my bathroom and the guest bathroom

No comments: